- Adoption appointments are encouraged - please fill out an adoption application online, and we will contact you to set up a 1- hour appointment.
- We are open for visitation and adoptions Wednesday 12PM - 4PM, Thursday 12PM - 7PM, Friday 12PM-4PM, Saturday 12PM-4PM, and Sunday 12PM - 4PM.
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, masks are optional for guests who are fully vaccinated; however, we strongly encourage wearing a mask inside the shelter.
- We will be happy to facilitate meet and greets between your resident dog(s) and our adoptable dogs during your appointment.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of animals you may be interested in at your adoption appointment. Adoptions are on a first-come basis, and we are not able to hold animals.
- We run a no-kill shelter, where dogs and cats are safe in our care.
- We make sure all of our animals are up to date on vaccinations before adoption.
- If we have space, we're always willing to take in animals from the public and other facilities.
- We host many events and fundraisers to raise money for our animals and shelter.
Warrick Humane Society started in 1983 out of a few generous people's homes. Once we realized the growing need for an established no-kill shelter, we decided to build a safe place for animals to stay until adoption. Since then, we have added our Home Away Pet Spa, a grooming and boarding facility for the community where all proceeds help the animals in our shelter. A lot of dogs and cats depend on us, so we also have fundraisers, volunteer opportunities and events to raise money and awareness year-round.
To keep tails wagging, we could really use your help! Make a donation or volunteer today at Warrick Humane Society. Call 812-858-1132 with any questions about our organization.