- Adoption appointments are encouraged - please fill out an adoption application online, and we will contact you to set up a 1- hour appointment. We also accept walk-ins during our open visitation hours if we have staff available to assist you at that time.
- We are open for visitation and adoptions Wednesday 12PM - 4PM, Thursday 12PM - 7PM, Friday 12PM-4PM, Saturday 12PM-4PM, and Sunday 12PM - 4PM.
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, masks are optional for guests who are fully vaccinated; however, we strongly encourage wearing a mask inside the shelter.
- We will be happy to facilitate meet and greets between your resident dog(s) and our adoptable dogs during your appointment.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of animals you may be interested in at your adoption appointment. Adoptions are on a first-come basis, and we are not able to hold animals.
- We run a no-kill shelter, where dogs and cats are safe in our care.
- We make sure all of our animals are up to date on vaccinations before adoption.
- All our dogs and cats are spayed or neutered, heartworm or Feline Leukemia/FIV tested, microchipped (dogs), up to date on age appropriate vaccines, heartworm prevention (dogs), flea/tick prevention, and deworming before the adoption is final.
- If we have space, we're always willing to take in animals from the public and other facilities.
- We offer our Pet Education program in schools and community events.
- We do not receive any government funding and rely on donations, sponsorships, fundraisers and proceeds from our Home Away Pet Spa to operate our shelter.
Warrick Humane Society started in 1983 out of a few generous people's homes. Once we realized the growing need for an established no-kill shelter, we decided to build a safe place for animals to stay until adoption. Since then, we have added our Home Away Pet Spa, a grooming and boarding facility for the community where all proceeds help the animals in our shelter. A lot of dogs and cats depend on us, so we also have fundraisers, volunteer opportunities and events to raise money and awareness year-round.
To keep tails wagging, we could really use your help! Make a donation or volunteer today at Warrick Humane Society. Call 812-858-1132 with any questions about our organization.