Why adopt?Adopting an animal can be a life changing experience! Not only for the animal in need you are helping, but yourself, and the animal that is currently at a high kill shelter waiting for another rescue who has room to pull him or her. Every single day animals are being euthanized due to space. We do our very best to pull from these high kill shelters, but we can't do it without your help! Adopting saves lives! Please consider adopting when looking to add a furry friend to your family.
How old do I have to be?18+. If you are under the age of 18, you must have approval from your parent or guardian before we can proceed with adoption.
Do I have to be a homeowner?No, but please do talk to your apartment complex or landlord about their pet policies. Most apartments require a pet deposit and sometimes have an additional monthly fee. Apartments also often have breed/size restrictions, or pet limits.
What do I need to bring if I am coming in to adopt?You will want to bring in a photo ID and a form of payment. We take cash, card or personal check.
What if I already have a pet at home?We always recommend bringing in your current dog(s) in for a meet and greet with the pet you are looking to adopt! We just want to make sure it is going to be a perfect match for both animals.
- 1.) Find your perfect match by coming in or viewing our adoptable pets online
- 2.) Fill out an application either at the shelter or online *Please note: sometimes we receive a high volume of applications and only call approved applicants back until the animal is pre-adopted.
- 3.) Once approved, we can continue the adoption paperwork process!
- 4.) Pay adoption fee or deposit (we cannot hold any animals without a deposit)
- 5.) Take home your new furry loved one! (If the animal you are wanting is under the age of 6 months, it has to stay at the shelter until it has been spayed or neutered)
Up to date on all age-appropriate vaccinations, including but not limited to: Distemper, Rabies, Parvo, Bordetella (kennel cough)
Flea Treament (seasonal)
Heartworm Test (and treatment if tested positive)
Dental (if needed)
Up to date on age-appropriate vaccinations
Flea Treatment (seasonal)
Feline Leukemia/AIDS test
This adoption form has been designed to protect both the prospective owners and the animals in the shelter in an effort to assess a suitable match.
PLEASE ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS AS COMPLETELY AS POSSIBLE