We're so thrilled that you want to help us at Warrick Humane Society! To start the volunteer process, please fill out our volunteer application. We'll then schedule you for volunteer orientation with our volunteer coordinator. Volunteer orientation is required and volunteer shifts are scheduled. We do not allow walk-in volunteers at this time. Here are some of the things you can help with:
- Planning and working events, such as Miles for Mutts, Scratch & Sniff and holiday photos
- Joining our auction fundraising committee
- Assist with running our weekly Warrick Tails on Trails program
- Bathing, walking and training animals in the shelter
- Cleaning the shelter and working on maintenance projects
Please fill out our application by filling out the form below if you are interested in volunteering. We look forward to meeting you!
We are always looking for professional individuals to join our Board of Directors. If you are interested and would like more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We frequently need fosters for puppies, kittens, pregnant/nursing dogs and cats and for pets with special medical needs. We can provide all the necessary supplies needed for the animal(s) in your care.
- When we have a need for fosters, we will post the need on our Facebook page.
- If you are available, fill out a foster application on our website.
- We will reach out to potential fosters until we have secured fosters for the pets.
- Take home your foster! Love and care for them until it is time for them to come back to the shelter.
Warrick Tails on Trails is a free, family-friendly program where you can take one of our shelter dogs on a run or walk! It is held every Saturday from 8-9:30 a.m.
Registration will be held in the shelter's training room; the entrance is facing South Vann Road. On your first visit, please bring a photo ID. We will make a copy of this to include with your registration form, and then you don't have to bring it to future visits. We will then pair you with a compatible canine friend, and the two of you can walk or run along the new, beautiful trail that links the shelter to Friedman Park and Vann Road Park. While participants must be 18 or older to control the leash, younger participants are also welcome to join!
In addition to your participation, donations are always appreciated. Requested donations include:
- Harnesses and leashes (no slip leads or extendable leashes, please)
- Dog treats and zip lock bags
- 8.5 x 11 inch white copy paper
- Monetary donations to Warrick Humane Society for vaccinations and care
Shelter dogs spend a majority of their time in kennels, so every bit of extra exercise and socialization we can give them is so beneficial. You could play a role in helping a shelter dog find his or her new home! See you soon!